A Work of Heart
An intimate space composed of wood, stone,
glass, and fabric
Nohea is a very
private and peaceful place, offering an intimate and uniquely
compelling atmosphere. We don’t use words like luxurious,
self-indulgent, or high-end, but Nohea will satisfy most discerning
visitors’ desires for such experiences.
A romantic hideaway
for adults in a one-bedroom cottage with almost 750-square-foot of
interior space, open beam ceilings and wood-paneled walls
throughout, with beautiful trim details, all serenely sensual and
soft, with an 16’ x 20’ main room and 12’ x 12’ bedroom, each with
built-in furnishings, a 6’ x 10’ kitchen and 6’ x 10’ bathroom, plus
a 10’ x 16’ spa room.
There is an 8’ x 12’ covered front porch with
side benches and a 10’ x 12’ covered back deck with a 6’ bench, with
a table and two arm chairs. A 200’ driveway, lined with custom built
lanterns, leads back to the cottage.
The property backs
up to State land which is thickly forested. The landscaping of the
property is essentially the natural forested environment, ‘ohi‘a
lehua trees brightened by hapu‘u tree ferns and ‘olapa, with
flowering anthurium plants along one side of the driveway.
Covered front porch
Approached on a ramp from the parking area.
- 96 square feet, with a bench the length of
each side and two small tables
Entered through two glass front doors from
- Built-in banquette with custom-built
- Built-in day bed
- Jøtul Lillehammer propane heat stove
- Ceiling fan/light to circulate air warmed
by the stove
- Built-in shelving and desk unit with
modem for high-speed-internet-access (Road Runner)
- Pantry for additional kitchen items and
- Built-in entertainment unit with 23” Sony
LCD TV on Digital Cable (with Digital Cable Recorder and Movies
on Demand library and Pay Per View movies, accessed by PIN for
an extra fee; Premium Stations available at no extra cost)
- Sony Dream System Home Movie Theater
- Library of DVDs
- iPod, programmed with a library of music
and wired into the Sony Home Theater System speakers
- Private line cordless phone
Partially open to living room.
- Complete with every kitchen gadget we
thought would be useful, a batterie de cuisine (Guests are
encouraged to suggest how we can expand upon it.)
- Granite countertop and backsplashes
- Kenmore 30” ceramic-top electric range
- Kenmore microhood
- Kenmore refrigerator
- Multi-pure water purifier
- In-sink-erator instant hot water spigot
(supplied with purified water from Multi-pure unit)
- Moen Aberdeen faucet with pull-out spray
- Moen liquid soap dispenser
- Coffee maker with stainless carafe
- Espresso maker
- Blender and food processor
- Thermos french press
Entered through a stained glass pocket door
from living room.
- Built-in cal-king bed with matress
warming pad with dual controls
- Built-in side shelving units
- Built-in window seat
- Electric baseboard heater
- Closet with shelving units at base
- Private line cordless phone
- Zen alarm clock
Entered through a solid wood pocket door
from living room.
- Two headed shower with Moen Asceri
vertical spa on one wall, and Moen Asceri showerhead on facing
- Kohler Kathryn lav with Moen Asceri
- Kohler liquid soap dispenser
- Over-sink cabinet supplied with first aid
items, toiletries, spare toothbrushes, etc.
- Kohler toilet
- Slate tiled walls and floor
Entered from bathroom through a wooden door
with textured safety glass inserts.
- Slate floors
- Glass blocks in front window
- Casement windows on side and back walls
and glass double doors, with side lights, to back lanai
- Baja whirlpool hot tub
- Runtal towel radiator
- Suite Repose robes (in four sizes)
- House slippers (in three sizes)
Covered back deck
Approached through double glass doors from
- 120 square feet with a six-foot bench,
custom-built table, two armchairs
- Surrounded by the cottage on two sides
and views of the forest on the other two
Beautiful comfort and peaceful forest views
Custom lighting and unified design
View from front porch
View into living room w/front doors open
View of banquette, with kitchen in background
View of living room ceiling, with ceiling fan and skylights
Here to Check Availability or
to Request a Reservation
( Online reservation form)
to inquiry about availability
Call us at
( International: 808-987-0920)
$205/night/double occupancy for three-night-or-more bookings up to six
$15/night/additional adult or teen guest
Adults with infants or teens are welcome.
Comfortably fits three adults. Crib available if you're traveling with an
is stocked with hot and
cold cereals, granolas, a variety of teas, regular and decaf coffees,
and tropical jelly.
Check-in is after
Check-out is by
Smoking is allowed only on covered porches.
Please ask about our weekly rates.
for cancellations within two months of the
check-in date there will be a charge of 15% of the total cost; within one month,
50% of total cost, unless the house can be rebooked; within twenty-four hours,
100% of total cost.
All rates and policies subject to change without notice.
a question? ....then just
let us know you found us at Volcano Lodging Directory - MAHALO!