Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

Entrance Fees

The current rate of $25 per vehicle or $20 per motorcycle has been in effect since June 1, 2017.

Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park will modify its entrance fees to provide additional funding for infrastructure and maintenance needs to enhance the visitor experience. 

FEES Effective January 1, 2020, 
The entrance fees to the park will be $30 per vehicle or $25 per motorcycle and $15 per pedestrian or bicyclist. The receipt allows entry for seven days.  

Annual Tri Park Pass
An annual pass that allows visitors unlimited entry to the three fee-charging national parks in Hawai‘i: Hawai‘i Volcanoes and Haleakalā National Parks, and Pu‘uhonua o Hōnaunau National Historical Park, will increase in phases. Starting June 1, 2018, the Tri Park Pass will go from $30 to $50, and to $55 in January 2020. All of the money received from entrance fees remains in the NPS with at least 80 percent of the revenue staying in Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park. 

The price of the annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Lands Annual Pass and Lifetime Senior Pass will remain $80. 

Revenue from entrance fees remains in the National Park Service and helps ensure a quality experience for all who visit. At Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, at least 80 percent of entrance fees stay in the park and are devoted to spending that supports the visitor. The other 20 percent of entrance fee income is shared with other national parks for their projects.